hey kids u wanna buy some drugs
My response to the “I am not a feminist” internet phenomenon….
First of all, it’s clear you don’t know what feminism is. But I’m not going to explain it to you. You can google it. To quote an old friend, “I’m not the feminist babysitter.”
But here is what I think you should know.
You’re insulting every woman who was forcibly restrained in a jail cell with a feeding tube down her throat for your right to vote, less than 100 years ago.
You’re degrading every woman who has accessed a rape crisis center, which wouldn’t exist without the feminist movement.
You’re undermining every woman who fought to make marital rape a crime (it was legal until 1993).
You’re spitting on the legacy of every woman who fought for women to be allowed to own property (1848). For the abolition of slavery and the rise of the labor union. For the right to divorce. For women to be allowed to have access to birth control (Comstock laws). For middle and upper class women to be allowed to work outside the home (poor women have always worked outside the home). To make domestic violence a crime in the US (It is very much legal in many parts of the world). To make workplace sexual harassment a crime.
In short, you know not what you speak of. You reap the rewards of these women’s sacrifices every day of your life. When you grin with your cutsey sign about how you’re not a feminist, you ignorantly spit on the sacred struggle of the past 200 years. You bite the hand that has fed you freedom, safety, and a voice.
In short, kiss my ass, you ignorant little jerks.
Go Forth and Educate Yourselves!
I’d also highly recommend watching the Jane Elliot Brown-eye/Blue-eye experiments, which can be found here:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pv8mCHbOrs (Part 1)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neEVoFODQOE (Part 2 - Has very important points on Reverse Racism and how it doesn’t exist, and it also dismantles the “We All Bleed Red” mentality.)
Not only should you educate yourself but use this for good. Look around you and help others who don’t have this privilege. Hiring, donating, community service, etc.
After this post went viral, the original artist had to delete their tumblr because they were inundated with death threats.
There were people more offended by this comic than offended by the existence of racial disparities—to the point where they threatened this artist’s life.
Which is ridiculous. This is a very simple and straight-forward comic and it really explains everything well.
just another thing I won’t find my name on
Refurb 3DS deals at Nintendo ⊟
I just rediscovered (via Bboy AJ) that if you want a cheap 3DS, you can order one from Nintendo. Refurbished 3DS XLs are just $135 ($150 for Yoshi/Mario Bros. LE’s); in addition, you can get a Pearl Pink 3DS for $95 or a red 2DS for $90.
I originally started this post “just a heads up” then I went back to the NeoGAF thread and of course Bboy AJ started his post exactly the same way. Man I am the worst.BUY Nintendo 2DS & 3DS/XL, upcoming games
When did he stop treating you like a princess?
Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, but the vast majority of victims are young girls and women simply because they are “the weaker sex”.
Did you know:
- On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner. This constitutes nearly 40% of all female homicide victims.
- 45% of women are abused/raped by current husbands or partners, 9% by former partners, and a further 29% of perpetrators were otherwise known to the victim. Only 17% are attacked by by strangers.
- 44% of victims of domestic violence are involved in more than one incident. A large number of women experience the same abuse every week.
- On average, a woman is assaulted 35 times before her first call to the police.
- 30% of domestic violence either starts or will intensify during pregnancy.
- In almost 75% of incidents, a child is present or in a room closeby.
THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.
It’s time to show the world that we are not weak and we will simply not stand for this kind of ill treatment. Women should be treated as princesses, like Ariel and Cinderella, who never have to live in fear of their so-called Prince Charming.
It’s time to stand up. To speak out. To be heard.
Women’s domestic abuse/violence helplines (worlwide):
- Women’s Aid/National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- EB Women’s Aid: 0800 0852 654
- Refuge: 020 7395 7713
- Wales Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 80 10 800
- Women’s Aid Federation (Northern Ireland): 0800 917 1414
- National Centre for Domestic Violence: 0844 8044 999
- WDA Helpline: 0161 636 7525
- Rape Crisis support: 0808 802 9999
- Relate:0300 100 1234
- Kiran Asian women’s aid: 020 8558 1986
- Independent Choices: 0161 636 7525
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224
- DAHMW: 1-888-743-5754
- Safe Horizon for DA/V: 800.621.HOPE (4673)
- Safe Horizon for Rape: 212.227.3000
- Love Is Respect: 1-866-331-9474
- National Teen Dating abuse/violence:
866-331-9474 or 866-331-8453
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network): 1-800-656-4673
- White Ribbon: 02 9045 8444
- National Sexual Assault/Family/Domestic hotline: 1800 737 732
- LifeLine: 13 11 14
- The Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service:
(03) 9322 3555 or STD Freecall 1800 015 188
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1800 806 292
- Domestic Violence Victoria, AUS: 9921 0828
- DVConnect Womensline - Queensland: 1800 811 811
OTHER/MORE - some repeats:
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish): 1-800-992-2600
- Relationships Australia: 1300-364-277
- Criminal Law Advice Line: 020 7251 8887
Let’s put a stop to women’s domestic violence and abuse - FULL STOP.
If you’re being treated in a way you know isn’t right, pick up the phone and get help. And get out. IT IS NEVER TOO LATE FOR YOUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER. IT’S TIME TO CHANGE.
If in need of immediate help from abuse/violence, call the police (999/911 etc).
We’re in this together.
"When did he stop treating you like a princess?"/It doesn’t have to be this way -DISCLAIMER: I do not own these images. Courtesy of Saint Hoax.
FIND OUT MORE HERE.
REBLOG AND SPREAD THE WORD. NOW.
if you watch Les Mis backwards, it’s a movie about revolutionary zombies putting away some furniture and a man who flies out of a river to fight crime
Happy birthday, Harry James Potter! July 31, 1980
This is actually disgusting. Forcing a child who doesn’t know any better to do something just because you believe in it. No child should be made to wear Crocs in public please stop this.
I was about to get angry